Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Orange Blossoms

On April 13th, we drove out to where the orange groves are to see the blossoming trees. It's just south of us in a little town called Reedley. There were acres and acres of orange trees. I wish you could take a picture of smell--it smelled so good! Like nothing I've ever smelled before. It was great. I wish my house smelled like that all the time! Anyhow, we stopped to get a better look (as usual) at the orange trees.Some were packed with oranges, we think they are the juicing kind which have a differnt season than the navel oranges. But there were also trees full of oranges that were still covered in blossoms.

4 comments:

Liz and John Behunin said...

ohh, I am so jealous. I can only imagine what it smelt like.
PS- As I look out the window it is snowing. Enjoy the warmth.

Lynnette said...

that sounds wonderful! Like Liz said--we have snow here today. But I did get our blog updated--finally!

Chris and Tara said...

Such fun. I would love to smell it. Orange is one of my favorite smells. I love that last picture of Jake in the tree. And you look really cute in that family photo. See you next weekend :) Woohoo!

Chris and Tara said...

I tagged you. Look at my blog :)