Friday, April 11, 2008

Sequioa National Park









On February 9th, we took a little drive to the mountains. They aren't very far, but a lot of times you can't see them from where we live due to fog (and smog, I'm sure). Once we got to higher elevation, we ran into snow. Jake was more excited than anyone--"There IS snow in California!" Up until then, we'd told him that it doesn't snow in California (which is true for where we live), so we had to explain that it only snows in the mountains. The kids (and Abe) had a great time playing with the snow throwing snow balls and such. Then we went and saw some really big trees. There was even one you could walk through! We had a great time getting outdoors for a bit. We can't wait to go back again!

3 comments:

Becki said...

Hurray! I am so glad that you have a blog now! I really can't tell you how much we miss you guys.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Welcome to the world of blog. I am so happy, now I will able to see what you are up to.

Chris and Tara said...

YIPPEE!!!!
You have a blog now. I'm so excited. I love your background. It's really cute.
We sure enjoyed our surpise visit from Abe yesterday. If only we could have seen you, too...
Logan is getting so big. What a sweetie. We miss you.