Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Italy

Last week, Abe and I were lucky to get to visit Italy again. We went with Abe's parents, Steve & Paulette, and had a great time.

First we stopped by the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Definitely something to see.

Then we went to the the quaint little town of San Gimignano, located right in the middle of Tuscany and surrounded by vineyards. It was such a beautiful place with narrow winding streets and old buildings and towers. I love that place!

Then it was on to Florence, but we didn't stay long enough to do any museums. It's quite a big city!


As we were driving though the mountainside, we came across the picturesque town of Pruno, and we decided to walk around and explore. It was very quiet and not many people live there, but it was really pretty.


Our next destination was the 5 beautiful cities of the Cinque Terre. Perched atop the cliffside of the Mediterranean Sea, we enjoyed exploring and experiencing a very relaxed way of Italian life. It was hard to leave such a beautiful place.


Then we visited the much bigger city of Genoa, also on the coast. We saw the house of Christopher Columbus, and ate some amazingly good pizza! Finally, we stopped by Cuneo, and visited with one of Abe's friends, Michela, and her parents. Then we were off to Milan, where it was very rainy.

I ate so much good food, and good GELATO! I love it! I had chocolate, strawberry, pistachio, chocolate with jalepeno pepper (actually quite good), coconut, and mango. Yum! Sorry Tara, I wanted to bring some home for ya! All in all we had a really great time. I hope we get to go back soon!

1 comment:

Chris and Tara said...

So fun!. I love/hate the gelato pictures. I want to lick my computer screen :) Glad you made it home safe.